Sunday, June 26, 2011

2011-06-26 Emigration Canyon Ridgeline Trail 2 (#6)

Hiking Photo Link










We were planning on hiking the Great Western Trail to Big Mountain in the East Canyon area. However, due to an extremely wet winter weather, highway 65 from mile posts 3 to 13 is closed through end of June. We made a quick turn back to the Little Mountain summit to hike the Emigration Canyon Ridgeline trail for the second time as a group. Wild flowers in the lower portion of the trail have becoming dried, but upper portion still has different kind but similar color wild flower in full blossom. What a beautiful scene! Randy and I biked the trail. But since there were so many ups and downs, I ditched my bike half way. Randy almost make it to the summit, but had to be held back because we needed to go back and take Mark to dinner. I picked up my bike and headed down on a somewhat steep hill and flipped upside down. Luckily I only had a few scratches on my arm. My knee hit the ground and bled a bit. I had a big bruise on the back side of my right leg that I had no idea how that happen when I fell. Anyway, I was ok and continued to bike down the trail. When we went back to the trailhead, a sister told me that they saw a snake on the trail. I am glad that we did not encounter it on our hike.

No comments: