Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2011-08-14 Albion Basin Hike







This year's wild flower festival begins on 7/29. My friend Masami went hiking in Alta on the opening day and told me that there were just a few flowers. So based on the date of the wild flower festival, we can determine that the peak should occur 1 or 2 weeks afterwards. My family and Mark Lam's family went to visit the Albion Basin on Sunday afternoon around 5:30 pm. There were still plenty of light to snap lots of flower photos. This year was extra wet and snowy, making the flowers bloom later than usual. The flowers at Albion Basin were gorgeous and vibrant. I did not bring GND filter, tripod and remote shutter release, but the pictures still turned out pretty, though not as good as if I were to use those equipment.

No comments: