Sunday, September 30, 2012

2012-09-29 Stewart Falls Hike (#10)

Hiking Photo Link 1
Hiking Photo Link 2




I wasn't expecting much from this year's fall color due to the dry summer season we had. Boy, was I wrong again (the fist time was after hiking the Mormon Pioneer trail in East Canyon two weeks ago)! According to fall foliage experts, the dry weather shortens color change of trees, and that's why spectacular color of red (maple) and yellow (aspen) were mixing together on our mountains this year. My family and two other families went hiking on the Stewart Falls trail this past Saturday. I think it might have passed its prime time for color, but there were still patches of colorful display of foliage on the trail. Normally it would take about an hour to reach the Stewart Falls, but it took me and Phoebe almost 3 hours to get there. We were having fun taking lots of photos and enjoyed the scenery. I didn't try to hurry her to get to the destination, but instead patiently stayed with her and we had fun discussing and finding the best spots for shooting the fall foliage photos. Sometimes, I wonder if I were to choose my career again, what would I choose? After coming back from the hike, Lijue jokingly (maybe a bit jealously) said now I have found a companion who can go on photography trip/hike with me.

No comments: